As a ShipStation Developer Evangelist, you will build a community of engaged developers around our newly minted ShipEngine eCommerce shipping platform (www.shipengine.com). You will be the face of ShipEngine within local, national, and international development communities; connecting and networking with other developers and entrepreneurs to identify how the ShipEngine platform might help them take their business to the next level.
Through thoughtfully created content and presentations at events, locally and abroad, you will help showcase the capabilities of the ShipEngine platform. Last but not least, you will directly interface with the ShipEngine product team by acting as a passionate voice for the customer, and facilitating customer interactions during key phases of the product delivery process.
- Write, release, and spread high quality technical content that helps developers get started with our ShipEngine APIs more quickly and easily
- Be the voice of ShipEngine in public forums and external events for developers building on the ShipEngine shipping platform
- Support our community of developers wherever they might be, whether support inquiries are coming in via social media, forums, or even Slack.
- Writing production-quality code and contributing to ShipEngine's open source libraries and other sample projects.
- Create engaging and insightful content to be presented at speaking engagements locally, nationally, and beyond.
- Build an engaged community of developers where potential/existing ShipEngine customers can go for community driven implementation support, sample projects, and helper libraries.
More about you:
Your hustle game is strong; you love to network and connect with others in the development community. You consider yourself a thought leader and have a strong voice in online communities and forums. You are an exceptional software developer and have been a key contributor in the delivery of web and/or mobile applications.
Additionally, you are:
- Passionate about connecting with other developers and helping them become better at their craft.
- Entrepreneurial thinker with the ability to work effectively when given autonomy over direction of role.
- A strong technical writer with skills demonstrated via thought leadership pieces, blog posts, and other written works.
- Willing to travel nationally/internationally, and are productive and professional while on the road.
- Able to work irregular hours and some weekends to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, etc.
- A strong software engineer with diverse experience across multiple platforms - if your previous role included writing code full time, this role will be the perfect fit for you.
- Have a finger on the pulse of current development technologies across several platforms.
More about the perks:
- Top of the line workstation or laptop of your choosing and a sit/stand desk
- Monthly team building events (think team happy hours, crawfish boils, and volunteer events)
- Unlimited drinks and snacks of your choice + “Beer Fridays”!
- Weekly catered lunches (with healthy options too!)
- Full health, dental, vision insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase and 401k plan
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
Have you ever tried to create a shipping label online? Annoying, right? Now imagine the pain associated with creating 1,000 labels? With that being said, our mission at ShipStation is to make every eCommerce seller, wherever they sell, and however they ship, exceptionally efficient at shipping their orders. The goal of our sellers is to spend less time worried about how they’re going to get their products to their customers’ door step. At ShipStation, our work is focused on liberating eCommerce entrepreneurs of all scales from logistical inefficiencies, so they can focus more on what they love: designing or sourcing their products, building businesses, and reaching their customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled