Stamps Company Overview:
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to customers including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShipEngine®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, GlobalPost and MetaPack™. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 500 unique partner applications.
The Product team is a business and technology organization responsible for driving the vision and direction of the company’s products and features. We meet with upper management to shape the roadmap of planned future changes to our products, create clearly-defined requirements documents that describe what those changes are, and work closely with our technology teams to ensure those changes are implemented correctly. The Product team interfaces with every department within the company, as well as with our customers.
The Product Lead is responsible for understanding the business needs and designing, building, and launching new features and updates to the Integrations Platform that powers our portfolio of shipping and logistics applications (ShipStation, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, ShipEngine). Having the most ecommerce partners with deep, feature-rich integrations to our Platform is the linchpin that allows us to support our growing global customer-base, wherever they sell and however they ship.
The Product Lead must engage with internal and external stakeholders (C-suite, senior management, partners, and customers) to recommend and design state of the art solutions in fulfillment capabilities. The Product Lead must create value propositions that justify investments in features and improvements and have the ability to articulate this value across each of the stakeholder groups. The role will partner closely with teams across the company to translate business strategy into effective features to achieve business objectives.
Additionally, the Product Lead role has responsibility for providing mentorship and oversight of task-level responsibilities for Associate Product and Product Managers, and is expected to collaborate and communicate with the Director of Product Management on technical resourcing needs and strategy, and best practices for the overall Product Management org.
1. Translate vision and strategy into clear value propositions to create product requirements and specifications that can be communicated to operations, engineering, QA and other cross-functional teams.
· Create product designs and specifications.
· Manage gathering business and technical requirements from external and internal stakeholders including product managers, marketing, business development, QA, pricing, finance, customers and software related technical resources.
· Advocate for the customer and improve the user experience in the definition of innovative solutions.
2. Work with operation teams, development teams, project managers, and QA engineers throughout the product development, testing, and implementation phases to ensure feature integrity.
· Drive new feature development working side-by-side with product managers, engineers, and QA.
· Manage the product development life cycle to support product releases on a regular basis.
· Manage numerous projects from inception through launch.
3. Develop and maintain strong relationships with all development and business stakeholders in order to ensure effective and timely delivery of features.
4. Collaborate with stakeholders to create roadmap and schedule of features.
5. Own, manage and prioritize the backlog of features and bugs based on ROI and dependencies with other product managers, development teams and business stakeholders.
· Contribute to the overall Product Vision and Roadmap.
6. Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
7. Monitor the execution of all phases of the product lifecycle and collaborate with the Director of Product Management to make specific recommendations and improvements on the execution of each phase.
8. Mentor Associate Product Managers and Product Managers to provide guidance on prioritization, product strategy, and product visioning, as well as technical product execution strategies to improve overall product outcomes.
Required Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent years’ experience.
· Six or more (6+) years of relevant product management experience.
· Two or more (2+) years of direct mentorship or people management experience.
· Professional experience with eCommerce and shipping carriers is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Strong understanding of the leading solutions and providers of eCommerce
· Proven track record of launching new features and functionality
· Able to communicate effectively, develop compelling recommendations, and inspire team members, cross-functional partners, and executives.
· Ability to identify new opportunities within partnerships.
· Strategic thinker with the ability to understand our market and products.
· Passion for great user experiences
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
· Exceptional analytical and fact-based problem solving skills.
· Excellent presentation skills, including developing presentation content and public speaking.
· Highly organized, with strong communication and relationship-building skills.
· Superior multi-tasking and time management skills.
· Self-starter and ready to work in an intense but fun environment with our existing team of marketing professionals.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel ( Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled