Here at ShipStation, we're passionate about helping online businesses become more productive. We save thousands of merchants hours every day by automating the fulfillment side of their business. We partner with top eCommerce and shipping companies to make a previously complicated and labor-intensive process simple and enjoyable.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be building and maintaining an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product. This will used to validate all aspects of the product operation. You'll be supporting and working towards the acceleration of growth across our company and products.
- Evaluating product functionality
- Creating test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Integrate with continuous deployment infrastructure to establish a build and test cycle
- Establish processes and tools sets to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
Required Abilities & Experience:
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Experience developing in a Windows & Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines.
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools.
- Experience with test and behavior driven development.
- Experience in test automation of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures.
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics.
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities among multiple teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Knowledge of modern testing frameworks.
- Mobile Testing experience (iOS, Android, web).
- Experience with Selenium, Capybara, Webdriver, Appium, and other UI testing frameworks.
- Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability testing methodologies for server class services.
- Experience leading a Quality Assurance team
- 3-5 years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products both in web and mobile space
What you are looking for in your career:
- An office full of extremely talented, mission-driven people.
- The chance to use your skills to help a huge range of customers and business compete in the new and growing e-commerce landscape
- A company where you feel connected to and appreciated by your customers and coworkers for being great at your job
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase and 401k plans
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
- Pick your own tech gear
- Weekly catered lunch
- Drinks and snacks of your choice + beer
ShipStation is on a mission to make every seller, wherever they sell and however they ship, exceptionally efficient at fulfilling orders. We are looking for talented people who want to jump in and roll up their sleeves with us to make it happen. By furthering your career at ShipStation, you’ll enjoy the challenging work as well as the especially stellar benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled